Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 15, 2010

Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot
I love this book. It is considered young adult, but I love it so much, I honestly have no idea how young you could go with a girl reading it. Twelve at least. Read it. So fun.

The Misadventures of Maude March
I'm kind of cheating, because this is the same kind of book, though a western rather than fantasy, but I think it could go younger, maybe ten and up. I love, love, love this book and the sequel. Read it!
Marco? Polo! #16 (Time Warp Trio)
Okay, these are a little irreverent, but not Diary of a Wimpy Kid irreverent, and if your kids like magic tree house, they will love these, because they are history, but funny. Really funny. Even my girls like these books, and the main characters are three boys. These are early chapter books, like second grade through fourth. Read them aloud. Hand them out. There's a bunch.

Mommy, Buy Me a China Doll
This is a picture book for 2 to 6 year olds. I love this book. The pictures are great, and the laddering rhymes are fantastic. Read it!

Emily, in answer to your question, I signed up as a homeschooling mom, because I was officially homeschooling then, but when I asked at the warehouse if I could keep coming because I am no longer homeschooling, they said sure, no big deal. I got the impression that if you have young children, like pre-school age, you can count yourself a homeschool and sign up. If you have any questions you can probably email or call.

Not much help, huh!


2 comments:

  1. Just got Sorcery and Cecelia from the library. Can't wait to try it. Thanks Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the answer about the book sales. I want to read the Misadventures of Maude March. Sounds like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete