Tuesday, June 19, 2012

And Round Two Begins

Round One of the Eyre BATTLE OF THE BOOKS is now officially over.

Calvin and Flannery and Sam still need to post their reasons for choosing their Round One Winners (what's up with you, Flannery? Being four is no excuse for not posting?). But the deadline has ended, the reading has been (mostly) done, and it is time to start Round Two.

But before I put together our reading lists, I thought I would ask for any other books that need to be added to this round. Did any of you read any of the books from the list? Did your kids? Is there anything you, my invisible and possibly imaginary, readers read that you think should be included?

Here are our official winners:

Flannery: Stuck by Oliver Jeffers

Shaemus: Captain Awesome and the New Kid by Stan Kirby

Calvin: A tie—The Penderwicks at Pointe Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall and Drawing from Memory by Allen Say.

Lucy: Dragon's Castle by Joseph Brushac

Mary: As Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Jacobson

Me: A Greyhound of a Girl by Roddy Doyle

Sam: Okay for Now by Gary Schmidt

Hedy Eyre (our grandma): Small Acts of Amazing Courage by Gloria Whelan

We definitely need more books for Round Two. Let me know this week and we'll begin Round Two on June 25th. I hope you all have some suggestions. Otherwise, I'll have to ask for a second choice pick from my family, which could turn into some kind of a revolt. Or revolution. Or trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment