Friday, November 30, 2012

Adult/YA pick of the week: Daddy Longlegs

This is my adult/YA pick of the week. I found it thanks to this:

Dear Pen Pal (Mother Daughter Book Club)
Mother-Daughter Book Club #4, Dear Pen Pal. 
(So maybe it does get people to read the classics. Grown-up people.)

Daddy Longlegs by Jean Webster. I love this book. It is ancient, in the category of Anne of Green Gables and The Girl of the Limberlost. If you love romantic, well-written, engrossing novels, read this. And if you don't, read it anyway.

Don't assume males won't like this romantic book. Sam loved the adventure of Airborn and The Amulet of Samarkand, but now he is reading I Capture the Castle (also in this category), and I hear him laughing and loving it just as much. Maybe even better.

Oh how I envy the person who gets to read this book for the very first time!!!


Daddy-Long-Legs (Puffin Classics)

1 comment:

  1. Daddy Long Legs, one of my favorites. And a great movie adaptation as well!

    ReplyDelete