Thursday, October 9, 2014

No way—Nothing's better than Eragon

I was given a challenge last week by one of the kids in my writing class.

It went something like this: 

Him: "Do you like Eragon?"

Me: "Meh."

Him: "No way. Eragon is the best. It's like in my top favorite of all time books."

Me: "That's awesome. But I bet I can find books for you that will knock Eragon off its throne of power."

Him: "No way."

Me: "Yes way."

Him: "Bring it on."

Me: "Oh, it's coming."

So the time needs to come, and it needs to come now. Here's my list so far of books that I think he will like even better than ERAGON (he also liked Mysterious Benedict Society, to give you an idea of his preferences):

THE SCREAMING STAIRCASE
THE AMULET OF SAMARKAND
HEROES OF THE VALLEY
MAIRELON THE MAGICIAN
THE TALES OF UMBER
THE DARK IS RISING
SEA OF TROLLS
JINX
THE UNFORTUNATE SON
GOBLIN SECRETS
ALCATRAZ AND THE EVIL LIBRARIANS
THE WIZARD OF EARTHSEA
SABRIEL
MAGYK
AIRBORNE
THIS DARK INTENT
HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE
THE WEE FREE MEN
DEALING WITH DRAGONS
HOUSE OF THE SCORPION
THE EAR, THE EYE, AND THE ARM
THE LAST OF THE REALLY GREAT WHANGDOODLES
HOLES
WEDNESDAY WARS
OKAY FOR NOW
WHEN YOU REACH ME
THE EGYPT GAME
FREAK THE MIGHTY
PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS
REDWALL
WHAT CAME FROM THE STARS

Any other ideas????




1 comment: