Thursday, March 29, 2012

Library Book Sale Extravaganza

So I went to the library book sale today!!! After asking for an early birthday present from my mom (my birthday's in June) and saving my pennies, I went to the library book sale armed to buy. The picture book selection this year was abysmal, but the young adult novels were fabulous. When I got to the woman who counts the books, I panicked, thinking I had way more than my one hundred book self-imposed limit, so Mary and I hurriedly put books in a box to put back. It turns out, I would have been fine. I only walked away with fifty-five, but at one and two dollars a piece, it didn't cost very much!

Here is my report of my findings. I apologize for the shaky, blurry video. I clearly need to work on my videography skills, though I'm pretty sure that will never happen.





Also, here is a link to a fantastic article on why it is still so important for us to READ fiction. Awesome, brain science proof!


1 comment:

  1. He so did NOT say that, Mom.

    I am green with jealousy over all those new novels. (And some with library binding. Is it just me, or do you love owning books with library binding too? I love the way the crinkle when I open them...)

    ReplyDelete